Check out the other video blogs here: Pastor's Video Blog
To learn more about Sovereign Grace, click here: Sovereign Grace
What If I'm Not One of the Elect?
I. When people hear about the doctrine of election, it is not uncommon for them to question whether they are one of the elect.
1. This also sometimes happens to those who believe in election.
2. Doubt arising from a lack of faith or from guilt over sin sometimes causes children of God to question their salvation.
II. The good news is that if you are truly concerned as to whether or not you are one of the elect, then you are one of the elect.
1. The reason being is that those who are not elected by God don't understand the gospel, nor care about it.
A. 1Co 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
B. 1Co 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
C. Therefore, if you understand and believe the doctrine of election, then you are one of the elect.
2. Those that seek for eternal life have it.
A. Rom 2:6 - Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
B. Rom 2:7 - To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
3. Those that hunger and thirst after righteousness shall be filled.
A. Mat 5:6 - Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
4. It's not possible for a person who believes the gospel to not be one of the elect.
A. Joh 6:47 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
B. 1Jn 5:1 - Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
5. If you want to know that you are one of God's elect, then believe the gospel, repent of your sins, get baptized and thereby added to a local church, worship Jesus Christ in spirit and in truth, and live a godly life keeping God's commandments.
A. Doing those things will not make you elect, but they will give you the assurance and evidence that you are.
B. See video: How to Know if You're One of the Elect.
III. This is good news for the wicked also.
1. Since they don't understand or believe the doctrine of election, they get to enjoy their lives on earth without being burdened by the knowledge of the impending eternal doom that awaits them.
2. This is all the heaven they will ever get.
3. For them, ignorance is bliss.
|What If I'm Not One of the Elect.doc||31.7 kB|
|What If I'm Not One of the Elect.PDF||27.6 kB|