Check out the other video blogs here: Pastor's Video Blog
To learn more about Sovereign Grace, click here: Sovereign Grace
The indented outline is attached below.
The Great Commission is Fulfilled
I. Many Christians believe that we are to be fulfilling the "Great Commission" today.
II. The "Great Commission" was given by Jesus as He departed this earth.
1. Mar 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
2. Mat 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
3. Mat 28:20 - Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
III. What most don't realize is that the "Great Commission" was given to Jesus' apostles, not Christians in general throughout all ages.
1. Mar 16:14-15 - Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat...And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature
2. Mat 28:16-19 - Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them...And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying...Go ye therefore, and teach all nations...
IV. The apostles fulfilled the "Great Commission" to the letter.
1. Mar 16:20 - And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
2. Col 1:5 - For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
3. Col 1:6 - Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
4. Col 1:23 - If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
5. Rom 1:8 - First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.
6. Rom 16:25 - Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
7. Rom 16:26 - But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
V. The Bible could not state more plainly that the "Great Commission" was fulfilled in the first century.
1. Jesus said "go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel" (Mar 16:15); Paul said "the gospel...is come unto you, as it is in all the world" (Col 1:5-6).
2. Jesus said "preach the gospel to every creature" (Mar 16:15); Paul said "the gospel...was preached to every creature which is under heaven" (Col 1:23).
3. Jesus said "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations" (Mat 28:19); Paul said the "gospel...[was] made known to all nations" (Rom 16:25-26).
VI. Still think that the "Great Commission" is binding on all Christians today?
1. The "Great Commission" was not a suggestion, but a commandment.
2. It was not given to only a few of the disciples that Jesus gave it to, but to all of them.
3. So if you still think that the "Great Commission" was given to all Christians for all time, then stop listening to this video and get yourself to the other side of the world and preach the gospel!
VII. If the "Great Commission" is fulfilled, should we then no longer evangelize?
1. We most certainly should evangelize.
2. We should pray for open doors.
A. Col 4:3 - Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:
B. 2Th 3:1 - Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
3. We should be ready to give answers when those open doors come.
A. 1Pe 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
B. Pro 22:20 - Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
C. Pro 22:21 - That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?
|The Great Commission is Fulfilled.doc||35.8 kB|
|The Great Commission is Fulfilled.PDF||48.3 kB|