Check out the other video blogs here: Pastor's Video Blog
The indented outline is attached below.
The First 2016 Presidential Debate - 9-26-16
I. The first presidential "debate" of 2016 between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton is tonight, 9-26-16.
II. As always, we are told that this is the most important election in history.
1. If Hillary gets in, the world will almost surely come to an end, we're told.
2. If Trump gets in, he will make America great again, we're told.
3. We were also told the same thing about the elections between Bush Sr. and Clinton, Dole and Clinton, Bush Jr. and Gore, Bush Jr. and Kerry, McCain and Obama, and Romney and Obama.
4. What happened when Clinton, Bush, and Obama won?.....more of the same.
III. We should not put our trust in princes or presidents.
1. Psa 118:8 - It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
2. Psa 118:9 - It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes.
3. Psa 146:3 - Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
4. Jer 17:5 - Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
IV. The military won't save us either.
1. Psa 33:16 - There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.
2. Psa 33:17 - An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.
3. Psa 33:18 - Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy;
4. Psa 33:19 - To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.
V. Trump is no doubt less dangerous than the warmongering, lying Hillary Clinton.
1. Trump is much less likely to get us into World War III.
2. Hillary is a blood-thirsty neocon who supports every US war of aggression.
3. Trump sort of seems to understand that there are major problems in the economy.
4. Hillary is clueless about economics and is in the pocket of the banksters.
5. Neither Trump nor Clinton have a principled view on much of anything.
6. The fact that the establishment hates Trump is a plus for him.
VI. But Trump will not, and cannot, save us.
1. The only thing that will save us is if God's people in this country repent and turn from their sins unto God.
A. 2Ch 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
B. Jer 18:7 - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
C. Jer 18:8 - If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
D. Jer 18:9 - And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
E. Jer 18:10 - If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
VII. This "debate" will likely be a circus, as the whole election season has been.
1. That's a good thing in my mind.
2. It will hopefully cause people to lose confidence in foolish politicians.
3. This year's candidates are proof that the word of God is true.
4. God rules in the kingdom of men sets the basest of men over wicked nations.
A. Dan 4:17 - This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.
VIII. We will get whomever we deserve.
1. We are nation of wicked nation because the vilest people are exalted among us.
A. Psa 12:8 - The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.
2. When God's people refuse to hearken to His word, He gives them over unto their own desires.
A. Pro 1:29 - For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
B. Pro 1:30 - They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
C. Pro 1:31 - Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
D. Pro 1:32 - For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
E. Pro 1:33 - But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
IX. If you want some mindless entertainment, tune into the presidential debate tonight.
X. But if you want to save our country from destruction then repent, pray, read the KJV Bible, and join a true church and worship God in spirit and in truth.
|The First 2016 Presidential Debate - 9-26-16.doc||35.3 kB|
|The First 2016 Presidential Debate - 9-26-16.PDF||48.0 kB|