Divide and Conquer
Divide and Conquer (Act 23:6-10)
I. This study should teach us:
1. to be wise unto the way this world works, but not to be of it.
2. how to use strategy when dealing with enemies.
3. how to use our opponents weakness against them.
4. how to use the mechanisms of this world to save us from the wicked intentions of the men of this world.
II. As Christians we should be wise unto that which is good, but simple concerning evil (Rom 16:19).
1. This doesn't mean that we should be ignorant of how the worl...
VI. Strategy #3: Divide and conquer; using your enemies' weakness against them.
1. Paul was brought before the council and once again tried to reason with them (Act 23:1).
A. He declared to them that he had lived in good conscience all his life.
a. Paul stated this fact more than once in his defense and in his letter to Timothy (Act 24:16; 2Ti 1:3).
b. Paul also impressed upon Timothy, the young preacher whom he had trained and ordained, the importance of maintaining a good conscience (1Ti 1:5,19).