Check out the other video blogs here: Pastor's Video Blog
A. Seminaries, Bible colleges, denominations, associations, missionary boards, and committees are unbiblical and useless.
B. God has given each of His pastors the authority and ability to do everything that the service of His religion requires.
C. One pastor alone can oversee a church (though multiple pastors are permitted if necessary).
1. A pastor is a steward which is the master of a house, and which the scripture teaches that there need only be one.
2. Steward n. - 1. a. An official who controls the domestic affairs of a household, supervising the service of his master's table, directing the domestics, and regulating household expenditure; a major-domo.
3. Tit 1:7 - For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
4. Luk 12:42 - And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?
5. Denominations, associations, boards, or committees are not needed to govern a church; only a pastor is.
D. A pastor is to do the work of an evangelist which includes baptizing people and starting churches.
1. Philip was an evangelist who went into Samaria and preached the gospel, baptized people, and started a church there, which any pastor can do likewise.
2. 2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
3. Act 21:8 - And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.
4. Act 8:5 - Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
5. Act 8:12 - But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
6. Act 9:31 - Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
7. Missionary boards or programs are not needed to evangelize other lands and plant churches; only a pastor is.
E. A pastor is given the authority and responsibility to train and ordain other pastors (also called elders and bishops).
1. Paul left one pastor, Titus, in Crete and told HIM to set in order the things that were wanting and ordain elders in every city.
a. Tit 1:5 - For this cause left I thee in Crete, that THOU shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
b. Notice it was Paul alone who had appointed (ordained) Titus to be an elder.
2. Paul likewise told one pastor, Timothy, to commit the preaching and teaching of the gospel to faithful men who would be able to do likewise.
a. 2Ti 2:2 - And the things that THOU hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.
b. Paul alone ordained Timothy.
c. 2Ti 1:6 - Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of MY HANDS.
3. Seminaries and Bible colleges are not needed to train and ordain pastors; only a pastor is.
|One Pastor Can Do It All.PDF||37.4 kB|