Watch this video here: Can Unbelievers or Non-Christians Go to Heaven? Only Some of Them...
Check out the other video blogs here: Pastor's Video Blog
To learn more about Sovereign Grace, click here: Sovereign Grace
The indented outline is attached below.
Can Unbelievers or Non-Christians Go to Heaven?
I. This video blog will answer the question that I often get asked: Can non-Christians or unbelievers go to heaven?
II. This question implies that salvation is by works.
1. It assumes that Christians go to heaven because of something they do (their will or works).
2. It assumes that unbelievers don't go to heaven because of something they do or don't do (their will or works).
III. Nearly everyone believes that in certain cases unbelievers will go to heaven.
1. Even the most hardcore Arminian or other "Christian" who believes in salvation by works will admit that sometimes unbelievers go to heaven.
A. Most people will make an exception to the "believers only rule" for those in remote parts of the world who have not heard the gospel.
B. Still more will make an exception for the severely mentally retarded who can't believe.
C. And nearly everyone will make an exception for aborted babies or those who die very young who can't believe.
2. The truth is that some of the people in the preceding list will go to heaven, but it's not because of their circumstances, but because of God's electing grace.
3. Not only will some men in these three groups go to heaven, but some others will too (keep listening).
IV. Eternal salvation is not conditioned on works, which is anything a man does.
1. Work n. - I. 1. Something that is or was done; what a person does or did; an act, deed, proceeding, business; in pl. actions, doings
A. 2Ti 1:9 - Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
B. Tit 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
2. Works also include what a person wills or chooses.
A. Rom 9:11 - (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
B. Rom 9:12 - It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
C. Rom 9:13 - As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
D. Rom 9:16 - So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
V. Salvation is by God's electing (choosing) grace.
1. Grace n. - II. Favour. 6. a. Favour, favourable or benignant regard or its manifestation (now only on the part of a superior); favour or goodwill, in contradistinction to right or obligation, as the ground of a concession.
A. Rom 11:5 - Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
B. 2Ti 1:9 - Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
C. Eph 1:4 - According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
D. Eph 1:5 - Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
E. Eph 1:6 - To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
F. Rom 9:11 - (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
G. Rom 9:16 - So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
2. Grace and works cannot be mixed.
A. If a man's works (his will or anything else he does) play any part in his salvation, then his salvation is entirely of works.
B. Rom 11:6 - And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
VI. If God elected (chose) a man and gave him to Jesus Christ to save, then he will be saved eternally, period.
1. Joh 6:39 - And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
2. Joh 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
3. Joh 10:28 - And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
4. Joh 10:29 - My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
5. Joh 17:2 - As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
6. Joh 17:3 - And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
7. Joh 17:4 - I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
VII. This is true even if the elect don't believe the gospel.
1. Rom 3:3 - For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
2. Rom 3:4 - God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
3. 2Ti 2:13 - If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
4. Rom 11:28 - As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
5. Rom 11:29 - For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
6. 2Ti 2:18 - Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
7. 2Ti 2:19 - Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
VIII. It is a fact that the elect who don't believe the gospel will nevertheless be eternally saved, but is not a fact that you are one of them.
1. The only assurance a person has that they are one of the elect and that they will go to heaven when they die is by believing the gospel and living according to it.
2. Joh 5:24 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
3. 1Jn 5:1 - Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
4. 2Pe 1:10 - Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
5. 2Pe 1:11 - For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
|Can Unbelievers or Non-Christians Go to Heaven.doc||41.0 kB|
|Can Unbelievers or Non-Christians Go to Heaven.PDF||73.2 kB|